WarsawJS Workshop #20. Basics of React.js
React.js, a base for single-page applications, surely has potential. Interestingly, ReactJS is maintained by Facebook. So, what have we learnt and is ReactJS worth it?
Other than React, this edition of WarsawJS will be forever remembered for its delicious cuisine. So, what was the food like at Workshop #20?
We’ve heard various rationales from people who spent the Sunday coding in React JS:
- React is “loved” compared to Node.js, Spark, Angular and others
- React is open-source
- It’s a Facebook technology. Big names utilize it, e.g. Instagram, Netflix, PayPal, Apple
WarsawJS Workshop #20 facts
- React for beginners
- on the 20th May, 2018, at Google Campus Warsaw
- plenty of newbies (“I have never programmed before”)
- they built a flight search app
- trainers: Mateusz Sojda, Bartek Legięć, Kamil Gajowy, Kacper Pietrzak, Andriy Mykulyak
- delicious tuna sandwiches, chocolate chip French pastries and tartas. Coffee for all
- a diploma for everybody
- ~60 pln entrance fee