It’s the perfect place to gather information about
the course which will help you plan your BigPicture training
Welcome to training hub
Who can participate in training?
What will you learn during training?
- The building blocks in BigPicture
- Best practices for navigating BigPicture UI
(to get you started off on the right foot)
- Getting comfortable with Programs
- Fundamentals of BigPicture Gantt
- Getting the most out of Gantt functionalities
- Real-time synchronization between BigPicture and JIRA
- Becoming the master of Gantt
- Clear overview of resources workload
- Resources allocation constraints
- Optimizing and managing resources
WORKING WITH AGILE
- BigPicture Roadmap fundamentals
- Using Roadmap to scale Agile
- Synergy between BigPicture and JIRA Software
- Configuring BigPicture for Agile processes
- Project management with Gantt
- Gantt’s multi–platform compatibility
- Effortless reporting with BigPicture
- Unveiling project management features of BigPicture
- Portfolio view in BigPicture
- Managing portfolio level risk
- Resources allocation with portfolio insight
- Configuring BigPicture for Portfolio overview
- Grooming of existing Programs
- Troubleshooting interface in BigPicture
- How to be a happy BigPicture administrator
Are there training materials?
Below is a summary of what we provide and what is needed from the attendees:
- A preconfigured JIRA environment with data sets prepared for BigPicture workshop tasks.
- Highest quality training materials crafted based on understanding SoftwarePlant customer needs. Our materials are designed to follow the optimal learning curve for understanding BigPicture. Starting from basics and finishing with most robust features. We will guide you through a project management empowerment journey. Because we believe that such empowerment can be achieved with BigPicture.
What is needed from you:
- Well, we only need your ingenious mind during training. We will take care of the rest.
Is there a recommended number of participants?
How much does it all cost?
BigPicture training Q&A
Is this more Jira or BigPicture training?
The training is intended to focus on BigPicture, a Jira app (or addon or plug-in). But as our trainer is both a Jira Cerified Administrator, a coder and an experienced project manager, he will surely answer any Jira-related questions.
How early should I schedule my training?
We recommend that you contact email@example.com at least 2 weeks in advance of on-line training or 4 weeks, if on-site.
How should I prepare for BigPicture training?
You may well be a greenhorn – the majority of our trainees are! But may we suggest that you click through BigPicture before training. An hour or so would do. The app is available free of charge on a 30-day trial.
How long does the training course last?
The course is scheduled for around 8 hours per day, to include regular rest breaks throughout. One- or two-day variants are available.
Does a shorter BigPicture training option exist?
Yes, there are two shorter options:
- A one-hour training (demo) with a Support Team member. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule one or simply click here to claim your free seat. The demos take place every Wednesday at 6 PM CEST and Friday at 1 PM CEST. This is a Webex-based demo.
- or: you may use BigPicture tutorials on our YouTube channel as well as the BigPicture user guide on Atlassian Confluence.
You might also try to learn, at least the Gantt module, by yourself. Gantt tutorials and thoughts on self-learning.
Are reviews of the BigPicture training available?
Below are a few excerpts from post-training e-mails from clients.
Or jump to BigPicture training reviews page.
On-line vs on-site training
They last about the same time, 1 or 2 days:
- The Webex online training tends to be cheaper and there is no need for get-togethers. To give you an example, we had this sort of training session delivered to people connecting from San Mateo, CA, San Diego, CA and Missouri at the same time.
- The on-site variant is when our trainer travels to a client. This is more expensive, but we consider this option more efficient too.
Who has attended SoftwarePlant training?
Here we share thoughts on Free Jira training.
We encourage our customers to download the free training materials here.