What to expect at META-INF Atlassian Day?
It was the third META-INF Atlassian Day and probably the most important Jira- and Confluence-related event in Hungary. In 2018 we noticed significant improvements and there were more project managers, Jira admins and app developers than in 2017. So what to expect during META-INF Atlassian Day in Budapest?
META-INF Atlassian Day gathers (1) Project managers, (2) Jira admins and (3) Jira apps developers – in this order. This is predominantly a Hungarian-speaking event, but English is widely understood. We, BigPicture developers, easily chatted with guests and delivered our “Think BIG – Enterprise Scale Project Portfolio Management” presentation.
Who are the guests? We are aware of Finance sector and Nokia being represented.
2018 Meta-Inf Atlassian Day in brief
Two “DOs” for your next visit to Budapest for @metainf Atlassian Day: talk about resource planning & capacity management (guests seem to love the topic) AND visit one of the Ikarus buses that are still around. Check the pics below for the bus and see you there next year! pic.twitter.com/5jO4aZjuVA
— SoftwarePlant (@SoftwarePlant) July 7, 2018
- Two days, 6-7.06.2018, family atomsphere
- Dürer Event Center (Dürer Rendezvényház), Ajtósi Dürer sor 19.-21., Budapest, 1146
- More guests than in 2017
- META-INF polished the formula of the event
- Guests can vote during the event using their mobile devices
- SoftwarePlant/BigPicture/BigGantt won “Steal the show” contest and we were handed a bottle of Pálinka, Hungarian fruit brandy
- Vendors and lecturers present: Adaptavist, Atlas Authority, Comalatech, Deviniti, META-INF, SoftwarePlant, StiltSoft, Tempo
- Other presenters from: Aegon Magyarország Biztosító, Budapest Bank, CodeCanvas, Forest Therapy, KM EXPERT, Liferay, NI Hungary, NNG, ShiwaForce.com, Wunderplan
- The vendor booths were located in the very same room that housed all the lectures – a beneficial set-up compared to many Jira events in Western Europe which tend to separate Atlassian Partners from where the action takes place
- The only Atlassian-related event we are aware of that practices group photos :)
- A party afterwards, this year in a vintage Ikarus bus in the very same conference center. In 2017 META-INF team invited us to river Danube cruise
Free or paid event?
META-INF Atlassian Day is a paid event both for project managers and for Atlassian Partners. Admissions vary, but to give you an idea, a Late Bird single day admission set you back ~117€ and two-day ticket cost roughly 196€ in 2018. This included lectures, a lunch, dinner, and a visitor’s t-shirt. In 2018 they sold separate 69€ tickets for selected workshops, but with ≥500-user licence you might as well have been permitted to Data Center workshop for free. The workshop fees seemed to be legit as the participants are few, META-INF supplied test environment and you truly got an opportunity to practice.
They ended selling Early Bird tickets 42 days before the event. Smart Bird admissions were offered up to 8 days before the META-INF Atlassian Day.
META-INF is an Atlassian Platinum Partner, based in Budapest, Hungary, founded 2002. Our company portfolio is very simple: we do everything that is related to Atlassian and its products [Jira, Confluence, HipChat] and we do not undertake projects we cannot fulfill with Atlassian tools. So simple. META-INF prints best value in bold.