Since “tutorial” implies self-learning, we gathered some of our BigPicture video tutorials in this post. Keep in mind, however, that numerous organizations ordered an online or on-site BigPicture training and for a reason: it’s a comprehensive app with five modules and plenty of config options. So is it feasible to master BigPicture on your own?
BigPicture 5-minute tutorial
For whom: For those who want to get an idea of what project management software actually is. The video shows selected features of the “sub-apps” included in BigPicture, namely Gantt chart, roadmapping, resources and risk modules.
1-hour Jira Big Picture tutorials
For whom: for those who wish to understand the foundation on which BigPicture builds, namely programs and how they relate to Jira project(s) and a portfolio of programs.
In the below, more in-depth, 5-minute tutorials of BigPicture, you’ll set up your first program.
Some crucial terms are discussed in the first video, i.e.:
- Jira project vs. BigPicture program vs. a portfolio of programs
- How Jira project(s) or/and Jira board(s) or/and JQL filters constitute a BigPicture program
- cloning program templates
- importing MS Project files into BigPicture
Once you’ve comprehended the central position of program in BigPicture, you might want to go more in-depth with this program configuration video.
1-hour Gantt chart tutorial
Gantt chart is one of the crucial and most advanced modules in BigPicture. This proven planning technique has been around for the last 100 years. Keep in mind, however, that while the Gantt chart is certainly a waterfall methodology, other BigPicture modules, especially the roadmapping one, are agile-biased. Anyway, there is a separate tutorial video for the Gantt chart unit.
Can I really learn BigPicture in one hour?
You could grasp an idea after watching a few tutorial videos. But you are more likely to spend days or weeks to become proficient and this is why:
- As there are five modules in BigPicture, namely roadmap, the Gantt chart, resources, risks and teams, it’s certainly a process to comprehend them all. Compare that to the much easier BigGantt tutorial.
- While the app works fine right out of the box, you could be pleasantly surprised how customizable BigPicture is.
Learn BigPicture in a day/a week
To help you obtain a thorough in-depth understanding of BigPicture, we offer:
- Online documentation of BigPicture
- A one-hour BigPicture demo by our Support Team via Webex offering an opportunity for Q&A. For teams up to 100 licenses – we have prescheduled demos here – sign-up. For larger clients, i.e. over 100 licenses, contact email@example.com to schedule a private demo session.
- Comprehensive one- or two-day Big Picture training courses with a Jira certified trainer.
- Schedule your course here.
See you in:
- Warsaw for Deviniti Jira Day, May 29-30 – more
- Berlin during Atlassian App Week, June 3-7
BigPicture / BigGantt is now GDPR compatible.
Atlassian names BigPicture and BigGantt Agile at Scale apps. Google “atlassian marketplace agile at scale” for the winning collection.
Cloud version and improved Project Portfolio Management (PPM) in BigPicture Enterprise 2019. What’s changing?
The entirely new Program Board 2.0 is coming soon. It has both program increment- and sprint-level planning. Look for BigPicture 7.2 on Atlassian Marketplace. More