What to expect at Deviniti Jira Day?
While Deviniti describes its Jira Day as “the largest in Poland”, we claim that the thing is one of the largest Atlassian Expert events in the world. Who else gathers the Jira crowd at a stadium? But the event is certainly different in other ways, too. Since it takes place in Poland, is it an English-speaking event? Is it worth traveling to for people from Western Europe, the U.S. and other parts of the world? If yes, how to prepare?
InTENSO Jira Day vs. Deviniti Jira Day
In 2018, during the 6th edition of InTENSO Jira Day, InTENSO announced that they were changing their name. So, the 2013-2017 editions were officially named InTENSO Jira Days, but starting 2018 it was actually Deviniti Jira Day. There was a lot of “Deviniti formerly InTENSO” buzz everywhere in the materials.
Why they changed their name? By their own admission Deviniti = Development + Infinity, and their old name, InTenso IT Experts, is no longer consistent with their vision.
Consider this: the 2018 Deviniti Jira Day was so tightly packed with lectures from experienced Jira users (Capgemini, MetLife, Allegro and mBank among others), food (!) and Jira partners booths, that we were almost saying it was an overkill. It’s probably because a “Jira revolution” is occurring in Poland, and there is close to zero professionally organized Jira conferences. InTENSO / Deviniti was extremely professional not only for project managers and IT administrators, but also for the Atlassian partners, like us. They even invited the partners to the dinner, on the eve of the Days.
Is the event for me if I’m not a Jira user (yet)?
Yes, only browse through the list of lectures below to realize Deviniti Jira Day is for newbies, too.
Is the event international, =English-spoken?
Take a look at the presentations’ titles below. Even though some 50% are in English, there is enough to do for a non-Polish individual at the event. And we think Deviniti Jira Day 2019, Deviniti Jira Day 2020 and so on, will be even more English biased. So, what exactly to expect?
Deviniti Jira Day 2019
Will be held in Warsaw, Poland on 29-30.05.2019. SoftwarePlant + BigPicture will be present!
InTENSO / Deviniti Jira Day 2018
As we attended both the ‘2017 and ‘2018 editions we claim responsibly the Deviniti Jira Day is growing in size. We had a full auditorium during our “SAFe® plus BigPicture” presentation and constant traffic at our stand.
- 2018.03.14-15, Legia Stadium, Warsaw, Poland. 3,5 km from Warsaw downtown, near Czerniakowski Port on Vistula River
- 300+ guests
- Day 1 – presentations by Jira experts (full list in PDF below):
- Miroslaw Bartecki, Capgemini: Gain top JIRA performance for financial business processes
- Joanna Czochara, MetLife: JIRA Service Desk w MetLife
- Sebastian Krzewiński, Allegro: Wdrożenie JIRA Data Center w Allegro
- Maciej Ląd, PZU: Bamjen. Od pomysłu do wdrożenia
- Michał Lesiak, NEUCA: Jak Jira i Confluence zawładnęły nie tylko światem IT, ale również biznesem
- Piotr Mazij, Deviniti: Atlassian Stack. Wprowadzenie w świat produktów Atlassian
- Katarzyna Pawlak, Deviniti: Advanced customization of Jira Service Desk
- Michał Wachnik, Polkomtel: JIRA, jako narzędzie wspierające zarządzanie projektami w dużej organizacji
- Tarun Sapra, Ingenico Group: Requirement Management Automation with Atlassian Stack
- Grzegorz Mazur, WSB: How to build skills for new generation of Atlassian Engineers
- Marcin Żmigrodzki, Octigo: Zarządzanie magia, czy nauka
- Day 2 – lectures by Atlassian partners: alm Works • catWorkX • Deiser • StillSoft • Tempo plus:
- Martin Vangs, eazyBI: Basic training & typical use-cases
- Genevieve Blanch, RefinedWiki: Customizing Confluence and Jira sites.
- Fredrik Karbing, Riada: Insight Asset management for JIRA
- Gergely Gumaig, Meta-Inf: Share consciously and carefully in Confluence. Who can view your pages?
- Tom Kucharski, SoftwarePlant: SAFe®, BigPicture, BigGantt, BigTemplate and more
- Regent Hotel at a discounted price was recommended to the participants. Interestingly you could walk the 2-kilometer distance to the stadium through Warsaw’s premier Łazienkowski Park
As an exhibitor you were expected to
- take part in the partner dinner 8 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. the day before
- be at the venue at 7:30 a.m. (30 minutes before registration started)
- bring an up to 1-meter wide roll-up
- bring branded swags, such as t-shirts, pens + business cards
- brace yourself for a 2-minute introduction to the audience at the inauguration
- promote the event on social media (#JiraDay2018)
Great location (stadium), free 700-bay parking.
Even though Deviniti is based in Wroclaw, 4th Polish city in terms of population, they made an effort to bring the event to the capital. Thumbs up.
Brilliantly located vendors area – in the main thoroughfare and close to catering.
Considerably more participants than in 2017 – at least 300. One of the biggest partner events in Europe and we attended quite a number of them.
Each vendor was allowed 2 minutes at the very beginning to introduce themselves to the guests. This by far helped us gain attention and sell our project management apps at our booth later.
A vendor&partner integration dinner on the eve of Deviniti Jira Day.
Day 2 was scattered on two floors and this adversely affected the networking. People were busy moving between far-away auditoriums.
Our vendor booth was frequented to the extent we saved no time for any of the presentations ;)
InTENSO Jira Day 2017
Just a few photos from the 2017 edition, so you can realize how the event has changed. InTENSO Jira Day used to be somewhat more elite and formal before, and, yes – focused on Polish users. But it certainly underwent transformation and is now more democratic and more English-spoken with the inflow of foreign guests.
InTENSO Jira Day 2017 facts
- 2017.03.29 – a single day compared to two days in 2018
- 250 participants
- Jira users who delivered presentations: accenture, ATSI (Novomatic), IPF Digital, Luxmed, PZU among others
- Atlassian vendors present: eazyBI, inTENSO, metaINF, SoftwarePlant among others