- Custom fields from third-party apps can be viewed on the Gantt chart in BigPicture and BigGantt
- Newly covered plugins include Tempo Budgets, CRM for Jira by Teamlead, Elements Connect by Elements, Jira Misc Custom Fields by Innovalog, Traffic-Lights for Jira by Frank Polscheit, Zones by celix Solutions and others. See table for the complete list
- Improved integration between BigPicture/BigGantt PPM tools and third-party Jira addons
Users routinely need more than Jira has to offer. Fortunately, Atlassian Marketplace was born, where vendors publish their extensions, properly called apps. Several hundred vendors offer their apps, making Jira a prominent, powerful tool. Users choose from CRM or accounting apps or simple addons that color issues by their status. BigPicture is one of the most powerful apps on Marketplace…
There used to be a big “BUT” with third-party apps… They lacked the big picture view. As they came from different developers, they seldom exchanged information with each other. For example, you wouldn’t be able to view a project risk related to a given client through the CRM app. Instead, you would have to check the “plain” Jira to discover information coming from different apps. This age is now coming to an end with the custom fields in BigPicture.
Plenty of Jira users have requested custom fields from third-party apps to appear on the Gantt chart in BigPicture and BigGantt. Our developers have taken on these requests and, here you go – a bunch of custom fields from the third-party Jira add-ons that can be added to Softwareplant’s Gantt perspectives.
Table 1: Fields in third-party Jira apps available in SoftwarePlant Gantt charts
|Jira app name||Author||Fields integrated into BigPicture, BigGantt|
|Andrey V Markelov||
How to add a custom field from a third-party app to BigPicture or BigGantt?
BigPicture version 7.10 and higher, BigGantt 4.8 and higher
Follow the below path. It starts on BigPicture’s new Home/Overview screen. Can you see the ‘Configuration’ option in the image below?
Program/Box Configuration (cog wheel) > Gantt/Scope > Column views > Details.
Now, you should be able to see your third-party fields in the ‘Available fields’ area.
BigPicture 7.9, BigGantt 4.7 and earlier
- Have both your third party app and BigPicture/BigGantt installed in Jira
- Get to the Gantt/Scope screen
- Press Settings, i.e. the cogwheel icon in the top-right corner; you need to be a Jira admin to see the icon
- Custom fields from the third party plugin should be visible at this stage in Available fields, as pictured below
- Drag and drop a choice of fields to Selected fields. They will form columns of the Gantt
Custom fields on the Gantt chart/Scope will:
- deliver complete information on a single screen
- give a wider perspective to a project manager
- save your time, as you don’t have to click through a gazillion issues
BigPicture 8 is coming. With [Boxes] and a new ‘Overview’ module, it is now a big portfolio management player. Another novelty: ‘let your teams keep the they love’ — BigPicture 8 can exchange data with Trello.
New Gantt chart 2.0 is now live in BigPicture 7.10 and BigGantt 4.8, available from Atlassian Marketplace. To see the new module, go to the classic Gantt chart and press the magic wand button near the top-left corner.
What Jira Align alternatives do large organizations have within Atlassian Ecosystem? More
See you at:
- Atlassian Remote Summit, Apr 1-2, 2020
- European SAFe Summit in The Hague, Jun 10-11, 2020
- Global SAFe Summit in Denver, Sep 23-24, 2020