The standard Ctrl+click and Shift+click now work in Jira BigPicture (beginning BP ver. 7.5). Which BigPicture modules let you select multiple issues at a time? How to bulk indent, outdent, move or delete tasks? Let’s look closer at how the new multi-select feature might streamline your chores.
You can multi-select BigPicture tasks in the Scope module, and…
Note how the fifth task (SCRUM-23) was automatically added to the move operation because it was a child of one of the four tasks that a user had Shift- and Control-clicked.
You can multi-select in the Board 2.0 module, too.
The Program Board of BigPicture. Drag and drop multiple issues at a time from the backlog onto the board.
The standard Windows and Mac shortcuts work in Jira BigPicture:
- Shift + mouse click to select a range of issues
- Ctrl + Click (Windows) or Command + click (Mac OS) to select individual tasks one by one
Speed up your workday as a project manager. These are sample uses of the new multi-select feature:
- Add several tasks at a time to a team’s workload area in the Program board. Plan the upcoming iterations (sprints), or Program Increments, faster.
- Update the scope of your project by deleting, indenting, or outdenting multiple tasks at a time (Scope module).
The minimum version of BigPicture
You need BigPicture version 7.5.0 or higher to be able to select multiple issues at a time. Version 7.5 debuted in September 2019. If you are below 7.5, here is how to update.
The multiselect does not work with the Gantt chart module yet (neither in BigPicture nor in BigGantt), but:
- we’ve got the feature in the component’s roadmap
- notice that the Scope module of BigPicture (which supports the multi-select), has some functionalities of the Gantt chart module, namely the work breakdown structure.
The Gantt chart is unique in that a separate framework is behind the curtain. It seemed more viable for us to incorporate the multi-select into the newer Scope and Board 2.0 modules, which share a common engine.
Source: Scaled Agile, Inc. newsletter
What Jira Align alternatives do large organizations have within Atlassian Ecosystem? More
If you’re after dependency arrows in Jira, then consider BigPicture the leader. Read a guide on strong and soft visual task dependencies in BigPicture/BigGantt and how to map them to Jira task links. More.
BigPicture is becoming an optionally standalone enterprise agile planning tool. With the new edition, called BigPicture.one, you’ll be able to do project portfolio management without Jira. BigPicture for Jira will remain our core product, though, and will be developed concurrently. More.
See you in:
- Madrid for Tech Management Day, Mar 24, 2020
- Las Vegas for Atlassian Summit, Mar 31 – Apr 2, 2020
- Tallinn for Atlassian in Baltics, Apr 23, 2020
- The Hague at European SAFe Summit, Jun 10-11, 2020