The short answer: Yes, BigPicture is compatible with Jira 8.
Here is the full story…
BigPicture + Jira 8 calendar
- BigPicture has been compatible with Jira 8 since the 11th of March 2019
- we started BigPicture + Jira 8 tests on 18-19 Feb 2019
- we completed BigPicture tests on Jira 8 Beta in January. We’ve found BigPicture compatible with Jira 8 Beta throughout all the modules, namely Gantt chart, Scope, Resources, Risks, with one minor issue – an error popping up all over BP modules due to some Jira method name change.
Jira 8 calendar
- Jira 8 has been released on the 11th of February 2019
- January 23rd, 2019: Jira 8.0 has a Release Candidate
- A beta version was released shortly before the holiday break in December 2018
Do I need BigPicture 7 for Jira 8?
The following and later versions have been confirmed to be compatible with Jira 8:
- BigPicture 7.1.3
- BigGantt 3.14.4
- BigTemplate 3.0.6
BigPicture 6 is not compatible with Jira 8.
How about BigPicture Enterprise?
BP Enterprise hasn’t had any issues with Jira 8. Could one say that any version of BP Enterprise works with Jira 8? Well, not quite.
Since BigPicture Enterprise is an extension to BigPicture, you rely on the version of the latter in terms of Jira 8 compatibility. So effectively, you need the aforementioned BigPicture 7.1.3, or later, for BP Enterprise extension to work with Jira 8.
Deciding between BigPicture and BigPicture Enterprise? Check 6 signs your organization should upgrade to BigPicture Enterprise.
Product and market diversification gives way to a new kind of diversity – such with various products, PM methodologies, and people coexisting and interacting in an organization. Here is an executive buyer’s guide to selecting the best PPM software for a diverse company (PM methodology-wise) – more
What are the top 8 reasons to upgrade to BigPicture 8? If you are on Jira Cloud your BigPicture version was updated automatically. If you are on Server or Data Center it is your responsibility to update.