The short answer: Yes, BigPicture will likely be compatible soon after Jira 8 has been released.
Here is the full story…
When will Jira ver. 8.0 be on the market?
- Jira 8 has been released on the 11th of February 2019
- January 23rd, 2019: Jira 8.0 has a Release Candidate
- A beta version was released shortly before the holiday break in December 2018
Are there any issues with BigPicture + Jira 8?
- we’re starting BigPicture + Jira 8 tests on 18-19 Feb 2019
- we hope BigPicture will be compatible with Jira 8 soon after
- we’ve completed BigPicture tests on Jira 8 Beta. We’ve found BigPicture compatible with Jira 8 Beta throughout all the modules, namely Gantt chart, Scope, Resources, Risks, with one minor issue – an error popping up all over BP modules due to some Jira method name change.
Do I need BigPicture 7 for Jira 8?
We’re aware, however, many project managers still use BP 6. Is BigPicture 6 compatible with Jira 8 then? We’ll publish the answer here, as soon as we’ve completed the tests.