The short answer: Yes, BigPicture is compatible with Jira 8.
Here is the full story…
BigPicture + Jira 8 calendar
- BigPicture 8 has been compatible with Jira 8 since the 11th of March 2019
- we started BigPicture + Jira 8 tests on 18-19 Feb 2019
- we completed BigPicture tests on Jira 8 Beta in January. We’ve found BigPicture compatible with Jira 8 Beta throughout all the modules, namely Gantt chart, Scope, Resources, Risks, with one minor issue – an error popping up all over BP modules due to some Jira method name change.
Jira 8 calendar
- Jira 8 has been released on the 11th of February 2019
- January 23rd, 2019: Jira 8.0 has a Release Candidate
- A beta version was released shortly before the holiday break in December 2018
Do I need BigPicture 7 for Jira 8?
The following and later versions have been confirmed to be compatible with Jira 8:
- BigPicture 7.1.3
- BigGantt 3.14.4
- BigTemplate 3.0.6
BigPicture 6 is not compatible with Jira 8.
How about BigPicture Enterprise?
BP Enterprise hasn’t had any issues with Jira 8. Could one say that any version of BP Enterprise works with Jira 8? Well, not quite.
Since BigPicture Enterprise is an extension to BigPicture, you rely on the version of the latter in terms of Jira 8 compatibility. So effectively, you need the aforementioned BigPicture 7.1.3, or later, for BP Enterprise extension to work with Jira 8.
Next-gen projects – how good are they, and do BigPicture, BigGantt support them? More.
BigPicture has now the ‘Extra Working days’, if you occasionally work on Saturdays or Sundays. Find the feature in Holiday Plans – see a tutorial.
We’ve been doing custom development for years, but have now released its official guide. Need a new feature in BigPicture/BigGantt? You’ve got options.
See you in:
- Las Vegas for Atlassian Summit, Mar 31 – Apr 2, 2020
- Tallinn for Atlassian in Baltics, Apr 23, 2020
- The Hague at European SAFe Summit, Jun 10-11, 2020