Allegiant, an airline and travel company from Las Vegas plans for the future. With agile project management in place, they need more than their original Onepoint PPM software could offer. Allegiant purchased BigPicture for Jira and had our trainer travel to Las Vegas to deliver a two-day BigPicture training course to their staff…
Interestingly, we learned a lot, too.
Known for its Allegiant Air low-cost airline, Summerlin-based Allegiant is a larger enterprise. They cater to leisure travelers and head for a flight + hotel model. They’re currently working on on-line projects to increase their tour package sales, which calls for agile project management. With OnePoint PPM software in place, they purchased BigPicture to further help their project managers.
BigPicture training at Allegiant in short
our Jira certified trainer travelled to Allegiant headquarters in Summerlin, Nevada
- the training took 2 days
- they employ project managers who supervise outsourced staff, so…
- BigPicture lets them create users with 24 hour capacity, and these users represent 3 individuals from India times 8 hours each
- projects at Allegiant represent product lines, e.g. flights, flight + hotel, etc.
- the risk matrix in BigPicture alerts Allegiant management board of tasks that have a potential to delay a whole project
- artificial tasks, absent in regular Jira, but available in BigPicture – let Allegiant link their original Onepoint project management software to Jira
- Allegiant uses BigPicture’s artificial tasks, or grouping tasks, to model the data structure
Allegiant found new application for Jira versions
They use Jira versions for their software projects.
BTW: how to be a donor and not spend a dime?
Allegiant supports Make-A-Wish America by subleasing a part of their office space to the charity. See the photo below.
Our trainer took this photo of the Gantt chart on Arizona-Nevada border. This has to do with the Mike O’Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge over the Colorado River. Our BigGantt facilitates this kind of planning.
Schedule your BigPicture training today at email@example.com